Case Studies and Projects
During a Council redeployment project, we provided free flyers explaining the services from the employees’ perspective for the council to give out during the consultation period. We also provided information for them to circulate on the employee intranet. 262 individuals attended half-day group redeployment workshops on-site and were then supported by the Careerline telephone helpdesk and online resources. The onsite workshops included:
- Accepting the need for change within the organisation.
- Understanding the organisation’s redeployment and application process.
- What the organisation is looking for from successful candidates.
- Understanding the job advert and deciding whether to apply.
- Completing the application form (using the council’s own form).
- Writing a supporting statement in line with the council’s application process.
- Interview preparation (tailored to the values the council were looking for and the job descriptions provided).
- How to answer competency questions using the STAR technique.
The Careerline telephone helpdesk and online resources supported employees through the internal application process and questions that arose as they went through it, in addition to helping those who decided to look for external roles. The employees provided positive feedback on the evaluation forms completed by 100% of attendees and copied to the organisation.